Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Thank you to all who requested to continue to follow our adoption. We have not had any more news and we aren't anticipating any for about 2 more weeks. The wait has been gruelling and it isn't getting any easier. I have maintained strength through this and have relied alot on Ativan to get me through the panic attacks. Looking at the nursery and the many piles of clothing have been so hard the past few weeks. We have started looking into compiling a new dossier for another country and hope to have that completed by Christmas or before. We still intend to pursue the adoption of Derek if the agency returns with news that he is still adoptable. We just don't want to wait to hold our child so we have decided to plunge forward and if we are meant to have 2 more children that that is the way it will work out for us. Keep us in your thoughts and we will continue to update you as we receive news.

4 comments:

Carissa said...

There are no words I can use to make you feel better or ease the pain. But you are in my thoughts and prayers.

stollmyheart said...

Thanks for the invite to view the blog. I have enjoyed following your journey, although it's been a tough one. You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers... Good luck with the new dossier! I will be anxiously checking for any updates!

Laura said...

I'm so sorry. I truly hope you receive news that you're able to adopt Derek. Your family is in my prayers.

KelleyO said...

Thank you for the invite. You are in my prayers!