Tuesday, October 14, 2008

After reading an email from our friends complaining that our dog must be getting tired of Derek dragging her around after watching it on our blog for 2 weeks I decided I better get busy typing something new.

It has been cooler here than I like but the past few days jumped up to 75 and it feels just right. So right Jessica & I took Derek outside for the afternoon yesterday and he discovered that he has a really cool sliding board, a 4-wheeler, a Sit N Spin, and the mother of all toys.....A COZY COUPE!!!!! He has been trying o decide if it is cooler to open the doo and slide into the drivr seat or go at it "Dukes Of Hazzard" style and climb through the window. He has been successful on both so we'll have to watch over the next few days and see what wins.

He is sleeping well and has finally foundhis contentment with us. We are having so much fun with him. He is still fearful of other people. He likes children but shys way from the adults. It's only been a month with us so I know it is going to take some longer time yet until the comfort zone is all cozy. It's okay though, in the meantime I plan to protect him in every way.

I am going to leave you with these playtime pictures.....


1 comment:

Alan and Barb said...

Complaining is such a strong word! I was just concerned that PETA might find out and come knocking at your door! LOL. :)
He looks good behind the wheel!
See you soon.