Sunday, January 04, 2009

This morning in my inquisitive state of mind I decided to research if Vietnamese men grow facial hair since I recall all of the men I seen having nice smooth skin that didn't have "5 o'clock shadows". In my search I found this website http://www.vietventures.com/Info/Listen.asp. I immediately began playing one of the Vietnamese songs and Derek came right to the computer with a mystical look upon his face. He looked into my eyes and smiled and is totally enjoying the music. I believe that some of the words must sound familiar to him. I wish I had thought of this when we needed to comfort him 4 months ago. Anyway he is really enjoying this and Norm thought it would be great to make a CD for in the car for him. I immediately welled up with tears watching his reaction to the music and it made my heart happy to see him remember his culture!!!!

No comments: