Thursday, January 01, 2009

Reflecting On Where We Were Last Year On This Day......

Oh what a wonderful day it was. Sunny, warm, full of fun. Oh, Where Were We????? Sunny California!!!!! Norm took me to Pasadena to spend a few days including New Year's Eve & New Year's Day with Michelle & Jeff. It was my first plane ride ever and I remember the excitement as if I were flying there as I write this. I couldn't wait to see Michelle again, I was anxious to fly and wouldn't you know it.....it snowed and iced that day. We ended up stuck in airports, flights delayed, canceled, and re routed but we managed to arrive safley in L.A. 8 hours late. Michelle tracked us the whole way there and they were waiting patiently at the aiport when we arrived. We got to go to the Rose Bowl Parade. So today as we watched the parade on tv we reflected back to remembering how much more beautiful those floats were in person. In reality I was a little heartbroken that we were stuck here this year. It'll be really fun going to Califonia this time around since we will have "Big D" to travel with us. We hope to invade the Harwell life with our whole family of 5 maybe this summer or fall!!!!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Can I come to sunny CA with you? I'm sure I'll fit in a suitcase. Well, maybe not after this baby! But I'm sure I'll need a vacation!