Monday, November 19, 2007

We found out about 2 weeks ago that we could send a care package to Derek so I set out to the store to buy what I knew I wanted to send. I ended up preparing a package for all 5 babies in the orphanage. When my girls were small like Derek my mom used to sew them "blankies". Just a piece of flannel with silky binding around the edges. Something they could cuddle, snuggle, and feel secure with. They had several so we were able to take them everywhere. They grew out of carrying them around therefore I knew this was an item that was safe to send on to the babies. So I bought the cutest fabric with duckies and froggies on it and off to mom's I went with it to request 5 blankies. I also found cute teething beads and I decided since we always see them barefoot and I truly believe in socks, I sent them along too. I hope the babes love their package when it gets there. I will be sending it out tomorrow to Jim so he can take it to the orphanage for them. It's an early Christmas for them. We are really hoping that there will be some news this week with the holiday thrown in there and the devastating storms.


4 comments:

Ange said...

It's wonderful that you were able to send such personal items! that blanket made by your mom is too cute!. I'm sure the babies will enjoy snuggling.

Hoping you hear something positive this week.

Laura said...

What a wonderful early holiday gift. You're still in my thoughts and I hope that you hear something good soon.

Anonymous said...

That's great! I was also able to send a blanket to Parker in his orphanage, and the picture they sent me of him with it made my entire week. I hope someone can take a picture of Derek with his blankie, so you can see that connection back to you being made.

Carissa said...

What a great gift! Hoping for news soon!