Monday, June 09, 2008

Packing It All In.....

Not an easy task when you are traveling half way around the world with no idea of what to expect when yo get there. I want to pack everything we need into 2 suitcases. Anyone who has traveled there that can give me pointers....I am more than willing for your suggestions!!!! I got everything into 2 bags but now they are overweighted. AARRGGHH!!!! I eliminated alot of clothing and I am in a temptation mode of going with 2 outfits and just buying the rest of what I need. Any ideas???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what all you're trying to take - but, be assured that you don't need things like detergent (laundry or dish), shampoo and many other toiletry-type items and other supplies (diapers, wipes, snacks, etc) - you can find them all very easily in Viet Nam. Make sure you bring an extra bag (or buy one over there) to bring all your souvenirs back!

Try eliminating some of those things if you can - they take up a lot of space.

Jill said...

Hi, I've followed your blog for over a year now and I'm very happy for you as your travel date approaches! We traveled last July and took 4 suitcases, one of which was full of orphanage donations... which left us with an empty suitcase for souvenirs to bring home! Buy your toiletries there, but bring baby meds like tylenol and diaper wipes (they are thin there, but diapers are fine). Put clothing, etc. for everyone in each bag in case one suitcase gets lost or delayed (3 of our bags arrived 2 days late!) Good luck and I hope you get your approval soon.