Friday, September 19, 2008

We made it home last night between 11 & midnight. We are so tired. Derek has regressed to when we first got him. He seems to only be content with Norm. He just cries when I take him. Like deja vu. I hate it!!! It is so hard for me. I guess I will probably drop a few more pounds as it makes me sick to my stomach to have him like this. I just can't console him. He seems to be enjoying the girls though which I am very happy about.
His Aunt Cheryl and cousin Joanna came to play a little this morning and he had a ball with them. Norm and Mae took him for a little ride to town. He is doing better than we expected with the carseat. Cries a little at first and then calms down quickly.
I am going to keep this short because I really need to get some sleep. I am so tired. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow or Sunday.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

WELCOME HOME!!!

Mandy said...

welcome home!!

many good thoughts and prayers for you and little Derek!

Ange said...

Welcome home!

Unknown said...

I hope you are able to get some rest soon. I can't imagine how tough this kind of adjustment must be for all of you. Please know that even people you've never met are pulling for you and thinking about you.

Wishing you all the best,

Bruce and Janese Dudash
(friends of the Haags)