Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Yesterday morning was a wonderful one!!! I got out of bed shortly after Norm left for work and decided that maybe I should check my email even though I was sure there would bnot be any update yet. Well much to my surprise I had an email from our CM titled: "Updated picture for Lahr". Well you can only imagine how excited I was, but I knew not to open it until I called Norm. I fumbled with the keys on my phone, as I was very excited at the moment, and called him to come over to the house to see what was inside the email with me. He came over quite quickly I must add. We opened the email and attached was an absolutely beautiful picture of Derek. We couln't stop looking at it. Norm's first reaction was a tearful..."that's our boy!" It is so wonderful to be experiencing this with him. He is so compassioante about the process and so anxious to bring him home. We just can't wait to hold him in our arms for the first time and forever. I quickly printed off numerous copies of the picture and began distributing them to family. I emailed it off to everyone right away. We quickly began getting email and telephone responses. We were very pleased to see that he isholding his head up while propped on his arms lying on his belly very well. This is a great developmental sign for us and puts ease into our minds and hearts that he is doing well. He had no hat on so we got to see that he has pretty much hair!! WOOHOO!!!!
Yesterday one of my clients who has a daughter and a son brought me 3 large garbage bags FULL of clothes for Derek. I had a ball going through them and they are going to be so cute on him. She has supplied me with many things we needed. Thanks Denise!!!!
Today I have a million things I'd like to accomplish. We are moving our computer as it was in Derek's room and we needed that corner for a rocking chair so we moved it downstairs and I am not happy with that so we bought a desk on Sunday and we are going to put it inside our hall closet which is very large and then it is out of sight but easily accesible. Just a few wiring fixes and we'll be in business again. I need to put all of these clothes for Derek away and I would like to clean the downstairs today. Quiet in the salon til tonight so I need to take advantage of the time while I can.
Well we are still hoping to get our G&R date this week or next. We are supposed to have our Travel Talk the middle of the month so I hope we know by then.

No comments: