Tuesday, July 31, 2007

TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO.....

I just thought I'd humor everyone by showing you a few of my latest spending adventures. I will soon have us too broke to travel if I don't stop.
(Kimberly...I don't have the yard full but the house sure is getting cramped)!!!
I have been on a shopping frenzy and you aren't even seeing a quarter of it here. Since I have decided not to have a shower I thought we should start buying the things we are in need of. I have my eye on an awesome bedding set that I am working on finding at a great price. I'll find it....I hve perseverance (obviously).
So here is some of the goodies we've bought:

Naturally every nursery NEEDS a rocking chair. This one looks comfy for late night feedings and I should be able to doze off in it. Rocking makes me tired so I hope it works for Derek too!!!

Of course we need a place to contain all of that finger food since that's what he'll be ready to eat by the time he gets home. I thought the colors on this highchair were great. They match our kitchen perfectly! And it has the jungle animal theme on it!!! HMMMM!!!

When you can't have the real thing you substitute to make the space look occupied! This is a bear that we adopted for Derek at the Boyd's Bear Country while we were in Gettysburg. Jessica and I adopted twins. I named him "Thanh Dat" (Derek's VN name) and he lays on Derek's changing table. It sure isn't the same but sometimes when I look at it it reminds me that this is still real and we will get Derek home soon!

One might say that a woman loves her shoes. Well who says a little guy can't too. I do love children's shoes. Unfortunately alot of the ones in this drawer aren't going to fit and will be out of season. I'd say that it is safe to assume that we won't be wearing sandals in the fall!!!! If you think this is alot check out the next picture...

This isn't even a third of his clothing. We have 2 totes filled and his dresser drawers are packed. He certainly will be the best dressed kid in Dornsife!!! I have once again been able to become a "Gymboree-aholic". I just love their clothes and I wore them on my girls and now I am finding the cutest stuff for Derek too. At one time I thought boy clothes weren't cute...boy was I wrong.

So as you can see I need to stop spending now and start saving for the trip. I have worked on trying to finalize packing but I need to see what the weather will be there in October. A little cooler I am sure and hopefully the rainy season will be over til then. I know flight prices come way down so that is a help!!!

Well hopefully we will have some more news and hopefully new pictures in the next few weeks. Keep watching here!!!

My next post will be my 100th post so I'll try to make it a good one!!!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I see...you're working on the inside of the house! What fun!! I have to admit. It does take your mind off of the wait, even if only for a minute. And I am NOT a shopper!

I like all of the shoes! Good shopper!!

Editor said...

I read this post several days ago but I keep coming back to it because it's so fun to see all your new stuff and little glimpses of your house!