Saturday, July 21, 2007

YARD SALE.....
Yesterday and today I am spending my days having yet another yard sale to pass off the multitudes of clothing we bought for Derek. We had drawers and closet space packed with the cutest summer outfits for him. It was definately hard to part with some of them. Don't worry though we already had a stockpile of fall clothes for him in totes so we have dug those out and filled the empty spaces. I refuse to remove the tags and was them though as that was obviously a bad omen doing that with the summer ones. This way I am covered also in case somethings don't fit, I have the receipts to return them. When I don't have baby items for sale everyone is looking for them and now that I have them....nobody is coming for them. The prices are dirt cheap and they ae new clothes...what is wrong with people??? I guess I'll box them up and try again next spring.
So let this be a lesson....as hard as it is not to buy for your unseen little ones, try to hold yourself back. I got burned several times on this one so far. Who's to say the fall clothes won't be the same story....

As for the adoption...
Still the same news, October hopefully for travel. We just want Derek home for Christmas. Honestly Michelle and I joked about that statement back about 2 months ago when we were sure we would travel and be back in June or July and now we have to seriously hope that it will happen. Geez...who would've thought there would be so many delays and date changes??!! Since we anticipate an October travel I need to cover September and October for the salon and guess what...I have a wedding scheduled for Sept. 22nd and one for Oct. 27th. So there are now yet another 2 weddings to cancel doing in the salon. It's starting to give the salon a bad name and I am afraid people who don't quite understand the adoption world process will start to say negative things about the shop or myself. I can't afford to lose any more clients. On the up side to October...at least it may be a little cooler there and the airfare delinately goes down in price. So these are a few of the benefits to it.
We'll keep letting you in on the latest and hopefully greatest of the process as it progresses...slowly but surely!!!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Good to hear you sound upbeat!

Ange said...

Hoping you get news soon,& your travel date quickly approaches.