Tuesday, July 03, 2007

ADDING INJURY TO INSULT.....

After finding out that we probably won't be traveling anytime soon (possibly August more likely September) I woke up to a crying day! I hate those days. I am overly emotional today about the following points:
1. We may not travel until late August or early September which will cause us to be trapped in Vietnam over the National Holiday on September 2nd. Now remember they DO NOT celebrate for 1 day...the celebrate for 2 weeks. So there will be no interviews or adoption related action in those weeks therefore posing a possible travel delay for us.
2. The girls will be back in school and I will lose my opportunity to stay in touch with them via webcam everyday. They will be staying with their dad and he doesn't have a computer.
3. I have to cancel yet another wedding in the salon. That makes 1 in July (which I could've kept scheduled had I known we weren't going to travel yet) and 1 in September due to the fact that we MIGHT travel then. Big money loss!!!!
4. I just want to have my baby boy in my arms.
5. I fear our paperwork is going to expire and we will have to have some of it redone before we can travel. Again MORE MONEY!!!

Then to top off the crying of my day....There was a robin building a nest on the archway above my salon entrance and Norm has took her nest away 4 times. Well this morning I noticed she had rebuilt a very small nest and she was just sitting in it. Norm decided to come check on me and WALAH!! he took the nest down and 2 beautiful blue eggs plummeted to the ground. So once again the tears flowed even heavier. Now the robin continues coming back looking for her eggs.

It is funny how the other day a client of mine who is a dear friend is a pastor in a local church and she is truly a shoulder for me to lean on through this. She tried to use the nest as a similarity to our adoption. She said God may be using this persistance as a sign for us. He is showing us that we need to continue building the nest for Derek and that we should be perservering constantly to have things prepared for his arrival. Everytime the nest is removed is like everytime our travel date gets delayed. Now I am fearful of what sign He is sending us by the destruction of the eggs. We have not gotten final approval yet and hopefully this isn't a bad omen of us not being able to carry out Derek's adoption. Okay well maybe I should stop thinking and typing because I am making myself cry again.

Please continue to pray for our travel and for Derek's health and safety.

3 comments:

stollmyheart said...

You are definately in our prayers. I can only imagine the highs and lows right now. Hang in there and remember that everything happens for a reason, it's just hard to see the reason right now!

Anonymous said...

What did I miss? What happened.
wickedwickedwitch@gmail.com

Jo said...

I am sorry to hear about more waiting, I will be thinking of you.