Monday, July 16, 2007

Today IS H***...
We received an update from our agency's Vietnam Director and were told that we would not be traveling to Derek until October at the earliest...it could even go beyond that. I have reached my breaking point!!!!! I am so disgusted and exhausted with this that I can't even think straight anymore. This isn't the news I expected to get right after a peaceful, restful vacation. The wait has been gruelling but this news has been the worst yet. Just a few short weeks ago we were told August and we began preparing for that and now it is extended another 2 months beyond that. Ridiculous!!! I am trying to sort out where the fault should be placed for this situation. I am trying to get some straight up answers.
Today will be yet another day of emptying drawers and closets to return summer clothes and replace them with fall clothing as it seems that it will be in the cold weather seasons when we finally get him home. I am so tired of waiting now. I knew International Adoption was difficult and that there would be ups and downs but this is totally crazy. According to Vietnam Adoption Law, dossiers have to be processed and a G&R date has to be done within 120 days of submission of the dossier to Vietnam. We are already beyond that so I don't know what happens now. Plus the fact that it's going to be more like 7 or 8 months from referral to travel rather than the stated 3-4 months. Geez this is nuts.
Keep praying...it's all we have left.

3 comments:

Jo said...

I am so sorry to hear this.

Ange said...

So sorry to hear this, I can't imagine all you have been through.

stollmyheart said...

So sorry! I'll be keeping you in my prayers!