Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The excitement and anticipation builds as the updates roll in each week. I spoke with our CM yesterday and she reminded me to stay cautiously excited. We are expecting to be working on our I600 in the next 2 weeks and returning that to be sent to the VN officials at the end of the month. With Derek's dossier approaching completion (FINALLY) at the end of the month we are looking at the fact that it still needs a few more investigations and approvals before we get the ultimate....G&R date and travel word. The dossier will have to be reviewed by the Peoples Committee and the Local Police after the final translation. Each entity is legally allowed 30 days for their review. Then it will travel to the DIA for approval and off to the DOJ for our G&R date to be issued. In amongst all of that going on the USCIS will be reviewing it also to give us the approval to get a visa for Derek. So as you can see it is still a process however we are much further along than we were 6 months ago. We are still noy out of the woods on appovals and so forth but we have great faith that all will go smoothly and we are praying that the entities involved in reviews yet will not take their full alloted time. Since all of the entities are so involved over the past 6 months we think there may be a possibility that they will roll the dossier along quicker. Hopeful thinking!!!!
Today Derek is 14 months old. WOW!!! We will have so much to learn about him. I am so curious about his personality. I have so many questions that I wish we could get answered. I guess we'll figure it out when he's in our arms.
Many people ask us each day how we have remained strong through this and whether our agency is being honest and trustworthy. I have seen such a remarkable turn around in our agency in the past 3 months that I now feel that they are really trying to acheive the best final result for our adoption. No they aren't taking our money since we don't have to pay anymore that the initial fees. It hasn't been a case of since it is taking so long we have to send more money. They are supplying for our children with what we have invested thus far. It really isn't about the money...it's about the love we hold in our hearts for Derek. We aren't buying a child...we are loving a child!!!! I know without the support of Norm, Diane, Michelle, and many friends and family I couldn't have forged forward as we have. I was ready to turn my cheek long ago and give up but others have made me see that I have to fight on, I have to give it 100%. Derek is so loved in many ways and has no clue. When he FINALLY arrives he will be showered with the love that a child needs.
So we are asking that you continue to pray for our process and we will continue to keep you informed of any progress or changes. There will be a quiet spell over the next few weeks since that is the time for TET Celebration in Vietnam. This is their holiday time. We will be doing some behind the scenes work such as that I600 and so on but the updates won't produce much progress as the celebration goes on in Vietnam. And believe me when this is all done and Derek is home with us we will be having a big celebration of our own!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear more good news.