Wednesday, February 20, 2008

TEENAGERS....Just what does make them TICK??????

Okay so this a little off the adoption topic but yesterday I had a bad day. My oldest daughter, Alyssa, is turning 16 in April so I thought I wanted to be the "Good Mom" and buy her a car. Well with Norm owning his garage and all we found a car that needs some engine attention (easily done by Norm) and a few paint touch ups (easily done by our tenant) and a little interior cleaning (easily done by the "good mom") and it will be on the road. Well Norm went and picked up thecar on Monday night and I was so excited about getting it. It is a 1997 black Chevy Cavalier 2 door sporty little thing. She will look so cute in it. Here's the deal..... I took her to show it to her yesterday when she got home from school (because I just can't keep a surprise and certainly couldn't keep it a secret for 2 months) and she took one look at it and wrinkled up her nose and rolled her eyes and said it is ugly. My mouth dropped and my eyes swelled with tears and anger raged all at one time. As if my day wasn't emotional enough and now she just triggered every one of them again. So now I have this cute little car with my money invested in it and she doesn't even like it. TEENAGERS!!!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!! So now I need to decide do I just go ahead and clean it up, have Norm fix it up, put in some cute seat covers, a nifty air freshner, and a tank of gas and top it with a bow for her birthday anyway and hope that on that day she is having a not so cranky day and decides she loves it or do I just clean it up have Norm fix it up and turn around and sell it to make some extra adoption money and let her find her own darn car when she turns 16. Any suggestions????

2 comments:

stollmyheart said...

I have a feeling that once she realizes is that...or nothing, she'll be in love with the black beauty! lol. I can't imagine the day!

Ange said...

I think when the time comes, she'll be so happy to have a car. any car.

hope all works out. & I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good update this week for you.