Tuesday, February 19, 2008

We actually got a bit of good news today. After a little pressure from me onto our CM for some clearer pictures I found out that once the child dossier is complete it will not have to do it's usual 30 days to the P.C. & 30 days to the local police because they have been so closely involved in the case that it will just be a formality for them to sign the adoption paperwork. I am waiting for word back when they expect that we can fill out our I600. The DOJ & PC still aren't totally back in their offices from the Tet holiday so it has things slowed up still. BUMMER!!! However once the dossier is done and the DOJ approves it then it will get translated and Commonwealth will send it along with our I600 off to the USCIS in HCMC and we wait for our approval and travel date. So once the I600 is filed hopefully 30-60 days later we will be packing our bags. This is very encouraging to me as it has been a bad day for my emotions today. We will hopefully get a full update the end of the week with clearer images of the steps to come. I have asked again for an outline of what steps need to be taken yet before we get our G&R date so hopefully they will come through with a rough plan for us to ponder over. But all in all it is sounding better and I am holding my breath that we can have those babies in our arms for Mother's Day!!!!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Wouldn't that be the best Mother's Day gift! I am praying for you!