Monday, March 31, 2008

No really earth-shattering news on the adoption front. Our dossiers are supposed to go to the DIA this week (heard that last week too) and then we will get out "official matched to orphan letter" in the mail and then Derek's dossier papers will come to us and we will get to read his abandonment report plus many other things about him. We are really looking forward to receiving them. Then our I600 and dossiers will be submitted to the USCIS and we await their approval. After that we will be contacted by our agency with our G&R date. It's FINALLY getting closer!!! Still a few hurdles to jump but looking good in any case.

As for our weekend away....
IT WAS "FAN-TAB-U-LOUS!!!!!!
The wedding was beautiful. Kristin looked stunning in her gown!!! All went off without any glitches. The hair went perfect and all heads turned out beautiful (just tootin my own horn for a minute)!!!! I believe everyone was happy!!! I got a tension headache on Thursday night and carried it with me the entire weekend, as a matter of fact I still have it!!! No, it's not Norm....just a little tension.LOL!!! Anyway back to the wedding. After the ceremony the Bride & Groom rode off in a horse drawn carriage. The carriage returned to give rides to guests. It was beautiful. The horse looked exhausted though so we chose to walk. Hmmm, Norm was mad at me for that one!! We got to the reception....WOW!!!! talk about phenomenal. It was stunning. So perfect. I did however get sick from my headache and have to go to the room to try to get a little quiet and some shut eye. I returned to enjoy the last 1/2 hour though. The next morning we rose and had brunch with Kristin & Charlie and many others. That was amazing in itself. The food was incredible. I wish I had taken pictures. I forgot the camera and truthfully I don't know when I'd have had time to take pictures anyway. We just had the time of our life there. It was great to spend time with Barb & Alan (All Time Bestest Friend Forever). Can't wait til Keith's wedding now so we can do it again. :)

No comments: