Wednesday, August 06, 2008

GROWING MONEY ON TREES!!!!!!


I'll let you all know in time how it works.....


I brainstormed yesterday how I could begin raising money for the orphanage where Derek is staying until we can bring him home before they close their doors due to financial strains. I thought there must be something I can creatively put together that will raise a few bucks to help out.


That's when I headed to the salon basement and dug up this.....

I just put it up last night before closing and I sold $4 off of it already. Anxious to see how it goes. It is a conversation piece to see a Christmas tree set up in August so naturally people ask and then I can explain the situation to them and it becomes their choice to help or not. Clever huh!!!!

I'll keep you posted on how the selling goes.

And for my PEZ lovin friends, I am contemplating contacting PEZ to make some sort of adoption PEZ dispenser for me to sell to raise money. Maybe 100-200 of them to get started. What do you think???

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Teresa! Glad things are moving along for y'all! I need your help, we've got to extend our I-171H... I read you had issues with this. What all is needed to do this? I've heard we need to send a written request along with an updated homestudy, marriage liscense, passport, etc...

Hope travel comes soon for you! What's the amount of time now from referral letter to travel date? I had heard 4 months, but yours seems quicker than that...

kim_sisco@yahoo.com

Kim said...

btw, our child's dossier is at the DIA, and we are anxiously awaiting our referral letter...