Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Well I am truly feeling like an expectant mother. As the days tick by in anticipation of our phone call from Our CM I feel like time is ticking by until my water breaks, the labor pains start, and the call comes with the wonderful news. When I explained all of that to Norm on Sunday he smiled and said...I'm so glad you feel that way. He is starting to show a little more expectant dad signs too. He has been the one to remain calm through this process as I whine, and rant and rave about why it is taking so long. When we shop he automatically begins looking for goodies for Jaden. He is getting full of questions about what to expect. We are so anxious.
Even though I haven't physically carried and won't physically bear the labor and delivery of this child it is as though I am going through a pregnancy. I haven't felt her kicks, hiccups, tosses and turns, nor have I watched as my belly grew full of her, or heard her heartbeating, but she has grown in my heart making it fuller and fuller. My heart beats for her and everytime my heart races I feel as though it is her heart beating within mine. So just as an expectant mother awaits the outcome of her delivery, I too am awaiting the outcome of a pregnancy of my heart. We won't get to hold her right away but we will carry and proudly produce her picture to everyone we meet. We will long to touch her beautiful skin and feel her hand wrap around ours and feel her breath on our skin as we snuggle her close to us.
Please continue to pray for her health, safety and adjustment to us as her family!!!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

That's beautiful!

I pray you see your precious Jaden's face very soon. And that travel comes quickly so you can wrap her in your arms and feel her breath on your cheek.