Thursday, April 26, 2007

First let me start this day by saying:
HAPPY 15TH BIRTHDAY ALYSSA!!!
It is hard to believe 15 beautiful years have gone by. I look at my daughter and see her growing up...literally (6 foot 1 inch)...but not only in size but in maturity also. She has always been kind, considerate, pleasant and most of all full of love for God and others in her life. She will always be a treasure of mine.
Now as we journey toward our NEW treasure I am making a plea to all who are reading and following our blog:
First of all THANK YOU to all of you who are following our journey, as you know it has been a very emotional one. I'm sure that isn't over by any means.
Second I am asking everyone out there to put their prayers into motion for us. I want everyone o PRAY that Norm will be holding Derek in his arms for Father's Day!!!!
I know prayer works because i wouldn't be where I am right now if not and if you wanted a list of things that have proven Power of Prayer to me I can make one for you. So I know it can work if we all come together and do it. Please for me!!!!

We haven't gotten any news about Derek for a couple weeks and as the phone call day approaches each passing day hold much emotion. We are excited at the beginning of the day and each time the phone rings I answer it with question and excitement that this may be "The Call" and at the end of the day and there has been no calls...we look forward to facing tomorrow!! We know the day is close and that it may only be a few more weeks and we'll be flying the friendly skies to get Derek home. We were hoping for an updated picture this week but that hasn't presented itself yet and I'm wondering if any will before we get to travel. I am just concerned by the measurements they gave us in comparison to the age they gave us as to whether they are in sync with each other. We aren't even sure what sizes to pack for Derek.
Well as the emotions continue to run rampant, we ask you to think of us often and remember to continue praying for us.
Thank You!!
Teresa

3 comments:

stollmyheart said...

I will certainly keep you and Derek in my prayers! I know exactly the feeling you have right now...I keep waiting for the phone and nothing...I too look forward to starting each day with the prospect that it may bring Ella a little closer to us! Good luck and I hope you get an updated picture soon too!

Kimberly said...

Praying for Derek's speedy arrival.

Heather Field said...

You are added to my prayer list, and yes, I know that prayer works! God calls us to have a relationship with Him and it is through prayer that we have the amazing privelage of knowing Him! We are only at the beginning of our journey and our homestudy is next weekend, so please pray for us that it goes well. I am a little worried about it just becasue I'm not too sure what to expect!