Monday, April 02, 2007

Many of my blogger friends are in the process of working on their baby's nurseries and continue to ask about how Derek's is coming along. Well I have been putting off taking pictures because as you will see in these we have a little bit of everything all ove the place in there right now. It is our packing station for the time being. I try to add a few things to the suitcases each week. It's all part of the "hurry up and wait" process. We have not gotten crib bedding yet as that is something i thought we might get for a shower. As it stands, my dear SIL's were wanting to throw one before travel but because it may be sooner than we expected originally time is too short. They will have one after our return. They have however asked that we make a list of the must haves to come home to and they will make sure it is all in place for our return with Derek. How great is that. They are a great bunch of girls. One would be as lucky as me to have them in their lives. So I have put the bedding on the list among a few other items that came to mind. Actually it is a little overwhelming seeing as I haven't done this for 11 years and I forget alot of what to expect. Well reality will strike once Derek is in our arms and anything I forgot on the list I will be sure to email home about. So here are a few pictures. Keep in mind that this is our sitting room just off of our master bedroom so it will be a perfect place for him.
This is his incomplete crib so far. This is when you walk into the room. This is my creativity in curtains...I didn't feel like hemming once i cut these off so I just slit the bottoms to make them look like grass. I impressed myself. The huge 60" shelf is hiding the many holes that were holding up the girlie things I originally had on the wall. Check out the clothing tree in the corner, I bought it at a craft show. Too cute to pass up.
Here is the pile of luggage. I cannot wait to be done packing!!!!!
I know this isn't jungle looking but I thought it was so cute and soothing for above his crib. When he gets a little bigger I'll change it to jungle animals. And on the wall that the crib end is, I have his dresser but no decorations yet. Waiting for a rocking chair for in there too!!!

So this is a peek at the nursery. Hope you like it as much as we do!!!!

No new news on our paperwork...we don't expect to hear alot until the day they call with our G&R date now. Keep watching for updates though!!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

VERY cute! Love the writing on the wall!