Friday, December 01, 2006

Today had to be the most difficult day in adoption world for us. This morning our case manager from our agency phoned and told me that they had 4 baby boys available immediately from Taiwan and if we were interested she would submit our application to try for approval from the country. Well we pondered and I sobbed hysterically all day about this decision. In the end we concluded that our hearts were more set on a baby girl than we thought and that we would wait for our dream angel from Vietnam to come available to us. I now have a guilt about me that I didn't accept such a wonderful offer. After all we are tired of waiting and this was a great opportunity to get started...but we just felt the path to a boy was the wrong way for us to go. We wanted to accept our referral with excitement, and be overjoyed with love and we just weren't feeling that. But, what a rush it is to get that phonecall. I can't wait until it is theright one. We did however get better news from our CM about the Vietnam program. About a week ago she told me that Vietnam would only be sending 2 referrals per month and she told me today that there will be several referrals at a time and flowing very steadily into the agency beginning very soon. So she reassured me that staying put inthe referral line for Vietnam was the best place for us to be right now and that hopefully withing a few short months we will have that perfect referral. So please continue to pray for us.

No comments: