Friday, September 28, 2007

DEVASTATION!!!!!

We received a call that there has been a total devastation in our adoption. Our baby along with the 4 others in the orphange have dossiers that are incomplete and incorrect and possibly unfixable. We are awaiting a call back from our agency in the next 3-4 weeks to give us insight as to whether the dossiers can be fixed and we can continue to move forward giving us at least a 8-9 month time frame from now until he's home or the worst case scenario being that Derek will never come home.
My heart hurts so bad!!! This is my baby boy who God has chosen for me and now He wants to take him away. WHY????????
I can't continue on with such a heavy heart. Please wish us well as we struggle through the next few weeks waiting for the Vietnam Officials decision.

3 comments:

Carissa said...

How devistating. We will keep your family and Derek in our prayers. Praying for a miracle!

Stacey said...

Let me start by saying that I COMPLETELY understand how devestating this news is. You see, we were given a referral of a little boy in August 2006 and traveled in Nov. 2006 to go and get him. We actually had him for almost 1 month, had our G&R Ceremony and then kept waiting and waiting for our USCIS interview. We were told that there was an issue with his paperwork and we would not be able to bring him home, but we would have to bring him back to the orphanage. We tried to fight, but we ended up losing the battle. You might wonder why in the world I am telling you all this - but I want you to know what seemed like the end for us was only the beginning.
I ended up staying in VN another month and was matched with another little boy in the same orphange. With the help of our agency, the VN govt., and the USCIS we were able to get all of our paperwork and the baby's paperwork through all the red tape at a record's pace (faster than Angelina Jolie's) and I traveled home from VN with our new son on Christmas Eve last year.

Having Ian didn't make me forget about our first son, but it did make me realize that God had His hand in our adoption all along - even when it seemed as though everything was falling apart. Our first son was not right for us and actually got to go back to his birthmother and father the day I left VN with Ian. So, in essence, we were able to help 2 children get out of the orphanage and be united with their forever families!

I will be praying that everything goes smooth with the baby's paperwork and that this time of trial will end quickly. However, just know that God has not forsaken you or this situation. I know when you are in the battle it is hard to see that, but God really does have a plan for you and for this child. He is still in the business of doing miracles and that is exactly what I will be praying for in this situation!!

Stay strong!

stollmyheart said...

Oh, I am so sorry. I will be praying for you and Derek!