Thursday, September 06, 2007

SULKING....
That's the only title I could think of to describe my mood today! I can't stop thinking about the update that is yet to come hopefully next week. Our program director is in VN until tomorrow and will hopefully return on Monday with a world of information for us. My fear....another stupid delay. I can't continue being nice guy everytime we get a delay anymore. This is getting crazy. I fear not so great news because whenever the director has good news he shares it and we haven't heard any news back from him in the 3 weeks he has been in Vietnam....SCARY!!!!!


On to better things....
I thought I would take a little time and tell you about Michelle's visit. We had a blast. It was a jam packed schedule but we got it all in. She did tell me it took a lot of sleep upon her return home to catch up though. Take a look at a few photos of things we did together:
Here we are picking Michelle up at the airport.

And we brought her to this...


We spent a few hours checking out Chocolate World in Hershey, PA

Oh and another great highlight was our trip to the Wing Buffet (50+ flavors of wings)

A trip to a local hangout...Norm was our "Party Wagon Driver"

I got in trouble for this one by security

Michelle climbed (not without difficulty) high on top of a rock at Little Roundtop in Gettysburg, PA

Michelle & I stormed Little Roundtop with our captivating ways



It was a truly emotional farewell for me at the return to the airport


It was an absolutely wonderful visit that I wish wouldn't have had to end. The greatest thing of all is that I have found a friend with whom I share a world of likeness with and even though we are on opposite sides of the U.S. we will always have each other. Thanks to the world of technology and my persistance to find someone from the same agency and the same adoption country as us I found Michelle!!! The only consoling words I could hear as she departed from the airport were Norm's words saying how wonderful it was to watch Michelle & I interact and have such a great time together. There was never a moment that didn't feel right. It was like we had been friends or sisters forever. What an awesome time. We now look forward to hopping on a plane and (as Michelle would say) "jet-setting" across the country to her home and to meet Jeff. We can't wait. How wonderful it will be to spend such an important time of our lives together in Vietnam. It really doesn't get any better than this:

1 comment:

S. said...

Very cool! I love mtg. blog friends IRL--I didn't realize where you live, my bro and SIL are in Hershey. I think I still need your address to send you that frame.

I hope you get good news soon!

deacongirl at roverusa dot com