Saturday, July 05, 2008

Today reaches another milestone in our waiting process. We are officially on Calendar Day 40. We are inching our way closer to bringing Derek home. We will be applying for our visa this week so if anyone out there can give me pointers for applying or knows the current fees I'd love to hear from you.

We will be attending yet another 4th of July Picnic tonight (3rd one for the weekend) and will be seeing alot of friends who will be asking alot of questions considering we thought we would be bringing Derek to this picnic this year. Pray for me to have the strength to face all of the questions and comments and to have the proper answers to respond with. You all know what I mean!!!!

We have scheduled a short weekend getaway with the girls next weekend so we are really looking forward to that. We will be seeing a show "In The Beginning" it is a local theatre that hosts Biblical Shows. They are beautiful. We will then get to do some outlet shopping in Lancaster,PA. Time to start serious school shopping since we will probably travel part of August and the girls will head back to school at the end of the month. We will have to opportunity to spend time with our friends Barb & Alan too while we are there. We are going to have a full 2 days of fun!!!!!

2 comments:

Teresa B. said...

Please email me when you get that email from Hanoi.
I am praying it is this week!!!!!!
Teresa

Unknown said...

Teresa - Hopefully you will go away this weekend with the knowledge that we are going to Vietnam!!! Have a great week - I'll be stalking my e-mail and will let you know AS SOON AS I get that blessed message!!

Lots of love to you!
Lauren