Sunday, June 17, 2007

Update Received....

Yesterday I woke to find a forum post from on the agency website. He is in Vietnam for the next couple days yet and hopefully when he returns we will be filled with "GOOD" information from his trip. He did have time to visit the DaNang orphanage where Derek is and was able to let us know he is doing well, other than some heat rash, and he seems to be the most active one there. Here is his quote:
Hi Ladies:

Ray is here, not hiding or anything. Congratulations on getting to p.40. Happen to be able to get online, surprisingly. Some fishermen in the South decided to strike it rich by fishing out some undersea fiber optic cables. Vietnam lost a major portion of its internet connection capacity to outside. Glad to be able to post on time, otherwise, I think I will have to do some editing when I return ....

Very hot and humid here, about 105 or 106 degree yesterday, plus high humidity. I took a bath whenever possible, one day I took 3, so you can tell.

The kids in DN orphanage are doing fine. Only having some "hot" rashes due to the high temperature. Told the caretakers to give them washdowns more often. Sending photos during this weekend. So parents should be receiving it on Monday. BTW, Derek is the most active one, never stops riding his "VN Ferrari" walk trainer or whatever it should be called. I am sure he wants to help Norm in the shop when he grows up. Linhly was actually sleeping when I went there, the caretaker woke her up so that I can hold her. So adorable since she did not cry at all, good girl!

I will provide case progress thru your CMs although I know it will be copied here anyway. This is enough to get some protests from CMs already...

Oh Kelly, I got too many to carry anyway when I went to Taiwan. I helped feed the toddlers at Cathwel, fun!. Got them baby bottles and blankets for their nursery as well since Penny said they needed those. I will try to fix the PM function when I return. Then I will hand off the moderator responsibility to a coworker. Not sure if he wants to keep the auto-approval step wide open for you guys.

I know there are other questions from some of you out there, I will provide a program update when I return.

OK, I kept my promise, sort of, and I also promised myself not to make any other promise here. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Ray

So it sounds like Derek will keep us moving!!! We are now anxious for night fall so that we can wake tomorrow to NEW pictures of Derek. Hopefully we will soon get an answer to "When we will travel".

Things are looking up!!! Keep praying!

No comments: