Monday, June 04, 2007

Tomorrow will be 3 months since referral. Time is ticking by and Derek is growing so much. We hope to be receiving more pictures next week since Ray is traveling there and intends to take pictures for us. WOOHOO!!!
The update we received today wasn't the news we wanted to hear...once again. I questioned Ray about "the form"...you know the one that is holding us from bringing Derek home...and he said that he still has no word on the process of how we will receive and complete this form. Once we do complete it though, supposedly we will get our G&R date quickly. We'll see since nothing else has been "QUICK" in the rest of the process. I concluded that adoption is not for the impatient!!!! Hopefully the DIA in Vietnam will decide to pick up our paperwork look at it and say okay lets send out this form and get these folks over here for their baby!!!! Pray for that please!!!!
On another note...we are getting a web cam hooked up today. Michelle & I love talking and we overextended her cell phone minutes for last month and therefore I haven't been able to speak to her for over a week now and might I tell you...IT"S KILLIN ME!!!!! So Norm insisted we get this camera so she and i can talk through the computer and actually see each other too. Now I have to do my hair and makeup everyday. But it will be cool to talk to her live. I just hope I can figure out how to hook it up. As many of you know I am technologically challenged!!! But I am a determined person so it'll get done!!!
Things are quiet in the shop this week. That is going to make for a loooong week. Hopefully the phone will ring. The girls only have a half day yet tomorrow and then school is out for the summer. WOOHOO!!! No more getting up at the crack of dawn for a few months. I love summer vacation! We want to take a few day or weekend trips with them. It's very hard to plan anything too far in advance since we don'y know when we will be traveling yet.
Next Sunday we are going to the Poconos (about 1 & 1/2 hour drive) to the Nascar race. This is a sport I fell in love with last year and I can't seem to shake it. We went to Pocono in June & July last year. I don't think we'll make it to the August race this year...at least I hope we'll have our excuse not to go by then (Derek). The interesting thing is that I bought 2 tickets from Ebay and now Norm got 2 free tickets from one of his suppliers and we now have to sell 2 tickets. I haven't found anyone yet to buy them. Possibly my brother but I won't hold my breath. I thought about taking the girls but I don't know if they will tolerate that for a whole day. Plus it gets a little rowdy for them too. I try to shield them from too much of that. Regardless I am going to the race and I can't wait. GO KENSETH!!!!!!
Well we'll keep you updated!!!!
Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are waiting and waiting. we will soon be there. How long were you quoted?