Sunday, March 11, 2007


Check out this onsie I made this week for Derek. This will be the first sport that he will be HOME to watch. Alyssa will be playing and she was so tickled with the design. There ill be many more made as the girls play alot of sports.
Things have been in an uproar in our house this past week. After receiving the WONDERFUL news of our ability to accept a referral of our son Derek, we looked around the nursery and decided we better start thinking blue instead of pink. So my mom and I feverishly rooted through the 4 rather large tote boxes of girl clothes we have bought since starting the adoption process. Wow, we had quite a stash. So we dug out receipts and matched with as many items as we could and have returned those to the stores and got credit for them. The rest of the stuff that we couldn't match with receipts or that I had already removed tags I began compiling to sell on eBay (one of my favorite places to hang out). We have really decreased the size of our piles. I still have a lot to get rid of though. Some I have saved to send to my friend Michelle for her new referral of her daughter. I hope she likes them. So I have been quite busy on this computer lately. We bought a few pieces of clothes for Derek but I am kind of waiting to get his medical reports hopefully this week and see exactly how much he weighs so I can get a better idea what sizes to buy. I hate returning things. This week I am going to try to begin packing some stuff for our trip to get Derek so that I don't have to do it all at one time. Tonight we have to go to Alyssa's basketball banquet...good food!!!! I am also going to try to start Derek's scrapbook this week. I hope to have time to transition Jadens original one into a special one for Michelle to give to Linhly. Yesterday Jessica and I went to a craft show at the high school and I got a beautiful wooden 60" shelf with pegs to hang in Dereks room. I had to get something that would hide all of the nail holes I have in the wall from the girly stuff I originally had up. We also found a really cute giraffe clothes tree and they personalized it for us. We got him a stuffed monkey to hang on it too. The nursery is going to be jungle animals. I am waiting to buy a lot of the decorating stuff until after I see if there is a shower. I figured that would be good things to get for that. I think the only big thing left to buy is a highchair and his crib bedding. My mom has been having fun shopping.

If we get any updates this week I will share them.

No comments: